VBS 2021 - August 2021
Our Vacation Bible School usually takes place the week after the Monroe County Fair. In 2021 this would appear to be August 8 thru 12 for our VBS. Pencil these dates in your calendars now and check back with us when we hit summer 2021 to confirm the dates and our plans. We hope you can see us next year!
VBS 2020 - August 9-13, 2020
Yes, VBS is happening for us at Grace here in this unfortunately crazy year of 2020. Sharing the good news of Jesus is too important for the kids of our community to sit back and do nothing. We are planning a wonderful event this year that will, by the grace of God, balance the need to keep us safe physically with the need to gather in fellowship with one another while learning of the love of Jesus.
Our collections during VBS Week this year will be supporting Paula's House of Monroe. They support families in need in our community. They are in need of the following items and we would ask you to join with us in helping to collect them:
- Large Diapers (size 5-6)
- Body Wash (Kids & Adults)
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Other hygiene products
- 2021 Planners
- Pocket folders
- 1-Subject notebbooks
- Composition books
- Other school supplies
What You Should Know
- The event will take place from Sunday August 9 to Thursday August 13 starting at 6:30pm each evening.
- It's outside! -- We're taking the whole event outside for the first time. We're excited about the new possibilities this brings as well as the added safety the fresh air will offer. It will take place in our parking lot and on the front lawn. This will give everyone plenty of space and let us enjoy the wonderful air of God's good creation (pray for good weather!)
- Follow us for updates -- Should the weather turn inclement, please follow our facebook page and our website where we would announce any cancellations or changes to events due to weather or other circumstances.
- Parents stay with their kids this year. There will be no dropping off kids and leaving. This is an all-family inclusive event to be enjoyed together. It also allows you to be fully in charge of what your kids touch and partake of. It also provides a wonderful, Biblically-supported, opportunity to grow in Christ as a family together.
- Other than the 6:30pm start, there is no schedule this year. After a group opening everyone will be allowed to go their own way and partake of the numerous stations we will have setup to learn more and enjoy time together as family. This will help everyone with maintaining social distancing through the event. You can leave when your family is ready to leave or stay as long as you want.
- Safety first! -- We are very mindful of this event taking place during the pandemic. Every effort on our part will be made to make this a safe environment for our attendees. We need your help on this matter by not attending if you are showing any symptoms of the virus or have any reason to think you've been recently exposed.
- Yes, bring a mask -- In accordance with the guidelines from the Governor of Michigan, we request that everyone over the age of 5 wear masks while attending. Though this is an outdoor event, we cannot guarantee perfect social distancing at all times and so as good stewards of your health and safety we ask you to help us help you on this matter.
Registration is free! But we would like to know who you are and if you are coming. You can register onsite when you arrive, but it does help us speed things up if you register ahead of time. You can register here online: